The Maritime Industry Authority (Marina) on Tuesday gave the green light on the operations of motorbancas plying the Iloilo-Guimaras Strait.
Marina released a memorandum stating the conditions in allowing the resumption of operations:
1. Passengers should wear life jackets at all times throughout the voyage;
2. Motor bancas shall carry passengers up to 75 percent of their authorized capacity only;
The tarpaulins/canvass shall either be rolled-up or removed;
3. The operation of motor bancas shall be during fair weather only (i.e. winds are not more than Force 3 of the Beaufort scale and the wave height is not more than 0.5 meters);
4. The operations will be from sunrise to sunset only
5. The motor bancas shall be equipped with distress signals and equipment.
The Philippine Coast Guard said trips are to resume later Tuesday.
Motorbanca operations in the said route were halted due to the triple sea accident which claimed 31 lives last week.