The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has identified the employer of slain Ma. Constancia Dayag as the suspect in the brutal killing of the overseas Filipino worker (OFW) in Kuwait last month.
The DFA said that Bader Ibrahim Mohammad Hussain was already charged with murder by Kuwaiti authorities.
“He is, of course, presumed innocent until proven guilty. And the autopsy results have yet to show whether or not there was foul play in the death of Ms Dayag,” the DFA said in a statement.
On Thursday, the remains of 47-year-old Dayag arrived in Manila from Kuwait.
Dayag was rushed to a hospital last 14 April where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Reports said that her body allegedly bore various bruises and contusions when brought to the medical institution.
The DFA already requested the Criminal Evidence Department of Kuwait’s Ministry of Interior for the expeditious release of the forensic report on Dayag.
The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait also vowed to continue working with the Kuwait government for the speedy resolution of the felony murder case earlier filed by the Kuwaiti General Prosecutor’s Office and supported by the Philippine Embassy.
The DFA has already tapped a lawyer to closely monitor the case.
In Manila, the DFA has endorsed the case to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) which will undertake an independent autopsy and perform toxicology tests on the remains to determine the cause of death of Dayag.