Around 1,500 companies will offer some 200,000 local and overseas jobs in 31 simultaneous job fairs to be held across the country on Labor Day on Wednesday, 1 May, and Thursday, 2 May.
The 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. job fairs are to be held in the following venues:
1. Ayala Mall South Park, Muntinlupa City
2. Vista Mall, Tuktukan, Taguig City
3. City Social Hall & Sports Complex, Parañaque City
1. Baguio City High School Main Campus
2. Magic Mall, Urdaneta City, Pangasinan
3. Robinsons, Ilocos Norte Activity Center, San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
4. Pangasinan PESO Compound, Lingayen Pangasinan
5. Cagayan Coliseum, Tuguegarao City, Pangasinan
1. Kingsborough International Convention Center, San Fernando, Pampanga
2. Provincial Government of Bulacan (30 April)
3. Provincial Government of Nueva Ecija
4. Local Government of Bocaue, Bulacan (2 May)
1. Pacific Mall, Lucena City, Quezon
2. Robinsons Mall, Tejero, City of Gen. Trias, Cavite (2 May)
3. Bulwagang Panlalawigan, Provincial Capitol Complex, Camilmil, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
4. Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
5. Pacific Mall Legazpi, Legazpi City, Albay
1. Robinsons Place, Jaro, Iloilo City
2. Trade Hall, SM City Cebu, Juan Luna Ave., North Reclamation Area, Cebu City
3. Mandaue City Hall, Centro, Mandaue City, Cebu
4. Social Hall, Cebu Provincial Capitol
5. Main Atrium, Robinsons Place, Calindagan, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
6. Tacloban Convention Center, Tacloban City (1 May)
7. Ormoc City Superdome, Ormoc City
1. KCC Mall de Zamboanga Gov. Camins Road, Zamboanga City
2. The Atrium, Limketkai Mall, Cagayan de Oro City, Gaisano Mall, Davao City
3. KCC Convention and Events Center, General Santos City
4. Balanghai Hotel, Doongan Road, Butuan City
The Bureau of Local Employment said the top vacancies for local jobs are customer service representatives, production machine operators, carpenters, security guards, call center agents, microfinance officers and factory workers, among others.
For overseas deployment, top job openings include nurses, factory workers, cleaners, technicians, bakers, nursing aides, food servers, auto repair personnel, service crew, and barista. Most of the vacancies are in New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Taiwan, Bahrain, UAE, Poland, and Australia.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III encouraged jobseekers to take advantage of the job fairs. He advised jobseekers to bring multiple copies of resume, 2 x 2 ID photo, photocopy of training certificates, Professional Regulations Commission license (if applicable), certificate of employment for those who were previously employed, and diploma.